Peristaltic pumps are widely used in laboratory research and experimentation due to their unique design and capabilities. These pumps, also known as tubing pumps, use a series of rollers to compress and release a flexible tube, creating a vacuum that draws fluid through the tube. This design allows for precise control over the flow rate and volume of fluids being pumped, making them ideal for a variety of applications in the laboratory.
What are the advantages of peristaltic metering pumps in the laboratory field?
1. Accurate and precise dosing: Peristaltic pumps are capable of delivering highly accurate and precise dosing, making them ideal for laboratory applications that require precise control of the flow rate.
2. Easy to use: Peristaltic pumps are simple to operate, with intuitive controls and a user-friendly interface. This makes them ideal for laboratory technicians who need to quickly and easily set up and operate the equipment.
3. Low maintenance: Peristaltic pumps are low maintenance, with few moving parts and no valves or seals to replace. This makes them ideal for laboratory applications where downtime is not an option.
4. Versatile: Peristaltic pumps can handle a wide range of fluids, from corrosive chemicals to viscous liquids. This makes them ideal for a variety of laboratory applications, from chemical analysis to sample preparation.
5. Safe: Peristaltic pumps are designed to prevent contamination, with no contact between the fluid being pumped and the pump mechanism. This makes them ideal for laboratory applications where sample purity is paramount.
What are the uses of peristaltic metering pumps in the laboratory?
One of the primary uses of peristaltic pumps in the laboratory is for the precise and accurate delivery of reagents and samples. Since the fluid being pumped only comes into contact with the tubing, there is minimal risk of contamination or cross-contamination between samples. Additionally, the ability to precisely control the flow rate and volume of the pumped fluid allows for reproducible results and consistent experiments.
Another important use for peristaltic pumps in the laboratory is for the transfer and filtration of sensitive or delicate samples. The gentle pumping action of the peristaltic pump minimizes the risk of sample damage or degradation, making them ideal for transferring fragile samples such as live cells or proteins. Additionally, peristaltic pumps can be used for filtration applications by pumping a sample through a filter membrane, allowing for the separation of particles or molecules based on size or other characteristics.
Peristaltic pumps are also commonly used in analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) systems. In these applications, the precise and consistent flow rate of the peristaltic pump is critical for accurate and reproducible results. Additionally, the ability to use different tubing materials and sizes allows for compatibility with a wide range of solvents and samples.
In the field of biotechnology, peristaltic pumps are used for a variety of applications such as cell culture, fermentation, and chromatography. The gentle pumping action of the peristaltic pump minimizes the risk of cell damage or disruption, making them ideal for cell culture applications. Additionally, peristaltic pumps can be used for fermentation applications by pumping nutrients and other additives into a bioreactor, allowing for the controlled growth of microorganisms.
In conclusion, peristaltic pumps are an essential tool in the laboratory due to their precise and consistent flow rate, gentle pumping action, and compatibility with a wide range of fluids and samples. From reagent delivery to cell culture and chromatography, peristaltic pumps are an important part of many laboratory workflows. As such, it is important for laboratory professionals to choose high-quality peristaltic pumps that are reliable, accurate, and easy to use.
Which are laboratory peristaltic pumps?
Chonry is the leading peristaltic pump supplier in China with 12-year experience. Our products are exported to 85 countries including the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, Russia, Israel, etc. Popular peristaltic metering pumps to recommend you use for the laboratory.
- The flow rate range of this small peristaltic pump is from 0.0015 to 480mL/min.
- 4-digital display, easy knob operation
- Smart flow calibration function ensures the precision
- Flow rate of CT3000: 0.007-1440mL/min
- Various working modes, date storage function, easy to operation
- Multiple pumps heads are available loaded with CT3000
- Flow rate of BT600LC: 0.007-2280mL/min
- Easy touch screen operation, 3.5-inch LED
- Stainless shell, anti-corrosion and durable
- Quick filling and dispensing, smart flow calibration function
|BT100M Small Peristaltic Pump||CT3000 Lab Peristaltic Pump||BT600LC Dispensing Peristaltic Pump|
With their simple design, low maintenance requirements, and high precision, peristaltic pumps are the go-to choice for many businesses seeking reliable and efficient fluid transfer. So why wait? Browse our selection of peristaltic pumps today and take your fluid handling to the next level!
Previous:Peristaltic Pump Applied in Cell Culture
Baoding Chuangrui Precision Pump Co., Ltd. is located in Hebei of China. Started production of the peristaltic pump in 2010, as the top pump manufacturer in China, we now have 30 series production including peristaltic metering pump, pump head, dispensing filling system, micro gear pumps and industrial peristaltic pumps.
Copyright ©Baoding Chuangrui Precision Pump Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap