Q: How does the Peristaltic Pump Work?
A peristaltic pump is a type of positive displacement pump that uses a rotating roller to compress and move fluid through a flexible tube. The fluid is trapped between the rollers and the tube, creating a vacuum that draws the fluid into the pump and then pushes it out. Because the fluid only comes into contact with the tube, peristaltic pumps are often used in applications where contamination must be minimized, such as in laboratory work, food processing, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. As a professional peristaltic pump manufacturer, Chonry provides you with 200+ peristaltic pump products to select from!
Q: What Are the Advantages of the Peristaltic Pump?
The peristaltic pump is classified as self-priming which means it can transfer fluids into the pump from a dry start without damage. It has a superior advantage for micro fluid transfer.
- High metering accuracy
- The fluids only contact the tube, eliminating contamination potential
- Self-priming and can run dry
- Can handle sensitive or viscous materials
- Available in different configurations, can handle corrosive or abrasive materials without wear
- Reversal direction is available
- Sturdy design and easy to operate
Q: What Are the Applications of Peristaltic Pumps?
Peristaltic pumps are applied in various industries for their benefits in transferring fluids. Some of the common applications of peristaltic pumps are:
1. Laboratory: Peristaltic pumps are used for the transfer of corrosive and abrasive chemicals.
2. Pharmaceutical Industry: They are used for accurate dosage and transfer of sensitive drugs.
3. Food Industry: They are used for transferring food products without contamination and for processing food products.
4. Water Treatment Industry: They are used for dosing and transferring chemicals and treating water with accuracy.
5. Mining Industry: They are used for transferring abrasive slurry and wastewater in mining operations.
6. Agriculture and irrigation: They are used for the precision dosing and transferring of fertilizers, pesticides, and other agrochemicals.
7. Medicine: Peristaltic pumps are used for fluid transfer in dialysis machines, blood pumping, and other medical applications.
8. Chemical and Petrochemical Industry: They are used for the transfer of hazardous chemicals and other petrochemical liquids.
9. Biotech Industry: They are used for the accurate transfer of cell cultures, media, and other bioprocess fluids.
10. Environmental Protection: Peristaltic pumps are used for wastewater treatment, groundwater remediation, and sampling.
Q: How to Select the Peristaltic Pump?
When selecting the peristaltic pump, consider the following factors or you can contact the Chonry peristaltic pump supplier directly. As the top peristaltic pump factory, we would like to offer you the best solution.
1. Flow rate: Determine the required flow rate for your application. Choose the high flow rate peristaltic or small flow peristaltic pump.
2. Peristaltic pump pressure: According to the application determine the pressure. Choose the right peristaltic pump motor.
3. Peristaltic pump tube: Consider the physical characteristics of the fluid being pumped. Is it corrosive? How viscous is it? According to all the features of fluid, selecting the correct peristaltic pump tube with size, and wall thickness.
4. Environmental conditions: Consider the working environment conditions such as moisture, temperature, and chemical.
Q: Can Peristaltic Pumps Run Continuously?
Yes, the peristaltic pump can run continuously.
The continuous working time of the peristaltic pump is mainly affected by two factors. On the one hand, the lifetime of the peristaltic pump tubing. Usually, the life of the silicone tube is 200-300 hours while the life of the Norprene tube or Tygon peristaltic pump hoses are 1000-2000hours. On the other hand, the lifespan of the motor also affects the lifetime of peristaltic pumps. The lifespan of a stepper motor is 5,000 to 20,000 hours.
Q: Can Peristaltic Pump Run Dry?
The peristaltic pumps can run dry. Because the peristaltic pump is a self-priming pump. The liquid is mainly transferred by the self-priming force generated by the roller squeezing the tubing, so the motor and pipeline will not be damaged. This is a difference between peristaltic pumps and conventional pumps.
Q: About delivery time
Q: About power supply and power plug
Q: About the flowrate
Q: How to choose a peristaltic pump driver?
Baoding Chuangrui Precision Pump Co., Ltd. is located in Hebei of China. Started production of the peristaltic pump in 2010, as the top pump manufacturer in China, we now have 30 series production including peristaltic metering pump, pump head, dispensing filling system, micro gear pumps and industrial peristaltic pumps.
Copyright ©Baoding Chuangrui Precision Pump Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap